Exciting stuff! Megaport have uplifted their cloud router.
IN case you’re not familiar with this product this allows you to connect your cloud presence via Megaports backbone instead of tromboneing to your data center and back.
The new features from the page:
“We’re evolving virtual networking with the new MCR 2.0 features:
- Four speed tiers capable of 1Gbps, 2.5Gbps, 5Gbps, or 10Gbps routing throughput;
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for BGP that allows for fast link failure detection supporting fast failover of routed traffic;
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) Multi Exit Discriminator (MED) to support Virtual Cross Connect (VXC) prioritization that tells autonomous systems (AS) the preferred route to take for performance tuning;
- BGP shutdown toggle, so users can quickly turn BGP on or off; and
- Google API optimization to make it faster and easier to add MCR connections to the Google Cloud Platform and thus remove the need to click between Google and Megaport screens to establish a service.“
Nice one Megaport. I’m still a big fan 🙂